Emergency Blue Light Telephones (EBLT)
The Blue Light Trail consists of over 400 strategically placed light poles equipped with emergency speaker phones and topped with strobe lights. If you are threatened, see anything suspicious or require any type of police assistance quickly, just push the emergency button to be connected with the FSU Police dispatcher.
The Emergency Phone Fee, added to each phone line, is used to cover the cost incurred for maintaining the Blue Lights and other emergency notification systems.
1. Look for a blue light.
The blue light identifies the location of the emergency phone.
2. Press the Emergency Phone button (No dialing is necessary)
A strobe light will flash and you will be connected to the University Police Department.
***Note the locations of the blue light telephones as you move about the campus. You may never need to use one, but you should be aware of their locations.
Reporting a Problem
To report a problem with a blue light phone, contact the Facilities Customer Service Center by phone at 850-644-2424. Provide the blue light tower number.
(This number is posted at the top of the bluelight phone, for example: E073)
- About Us
- fsu.edu Email Account Deactivation
- FSUID Account Management
- University Response to Phishing Threat
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Holiday Luncheon
- Email Campaigns
- Service Catalog
- - Classroom Technology
- - Communications
- Collaboration Service
- Computer Labs
- Computing Technology Support
- Data and Reporting Services
- Database Services
- Desktop Backup
- Document Management
- FSU Card
- Gartner Higher Education Reference (Core R...
- Guest Access to University Computing Resou...
- ITS-Service Desk
- Information Technology Assessment
- Mainframe (NWRDC) Support Services
- Remote Assistance
- Research and Development
- Secure Apps Adminstration
- Server Hosting
- Student Computing Support
- IT Security
- Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware Software Managemen...
- Computing Security
- Enterprise SSL
- Firewall Implementation and Management
- IT Security
- IT Security Awareness & Education
- Intrusion Monitoring and Prevention
- Microsoft Windows Software Update Service
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Privacy Resources
- Security Assessment Program
- Security Incident Response and Reporting
- Steps to Secure a Compromised FSUID Account
- System Administration Security
- Web Site Data Protection
- - Public Safety
- - Network
- - Software
- - Storage
- - Web Services
- ITS Service Desk
- - Departments
- - Employees
- - Students
- Information Security and Privacy Office
- ITS Policies & Guidelines
- IT Professionals
- Student Technology Fee