Public Computer Lab Support
Important News: Strozier Computer Lab Closes Permanently July 19
Read the Strozier Lab page for details.
Information Technology Services provides two computer labs on campus which are available to all of the university (as opposed to departments or college labs which may/are restricted to students of the department or college). These labs are open to all FSU students, faculty, and staff with a valid FSUCard. Note: you use your FSUID and password to log in to the computers in the Public Labs.
See the Lab Schedules for hours of operation.
Laser printers and paper:
- Print jobs sent to black and white printers are 8 cents per page.
- Print jobs sent to color printers are 15 cents per page.
Printing is paid for with the FSUCash, so you need to have your FSUCard with enough funds to complete your print job. You can add to your FSUCash balance by 1) logging on to Blackboard and clicking the FSUCard tab, 2) using an FSUCash PHIL station, or 3) transferring funds through the FSUCard Center cashier (cash only). FSUCash PHIL stations are located at the FSUCard Center, Dirac and Strozier libraries, University Center A, and Alumni Village.
Important Lab Info:
- You MUST present a valid FSUCard in order to enter our labs.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are prohibited in all labs.
- Cell phone usage is discouraged in the labs.
- With the advances in technology and hardware, the labs no longer have computers with "floppy disk" drives. Recovery of files from damaged CD's or "flash drives" is not possible as was sometimes the case when floppy disks were available. Therefore, a word or two of warning:
- Save as frequently as you can afford to lose what you've written; and,
- Save or backup your work to more than one storage device.
Lost and found:
Items which are left in the lab are transfered to the University Lost and Found office (in the Oglesby Student Union).
See the Lost and Found section under the Oglesby Union web site.
Alongside traditional computer labs FSU also provides a virtualized computer lab that allows current students, faculty, and staff 24/7 remote access to campus computer lab software from any Windows, Mac, and supported mobile device from any location with Internet. Click here for more information.